Monday, June 27, 2011

fallen angels

Clipped wings they fell
Grace abandoned them,
Light their only hope now
to follow their own hearts,
Edge towards her beacon
Sit on a rocky outcrop
and dry their crooked fate.

Glance across the valley
sighting each the other,
Sit there high up, alone
the turmoil left below,
Calling across the stones
'I am here for you, take me'
In unison, echoing...

At first they were struck
by the rock, aloneness
She continued her gaze,
while his fell to his feet
soreness, outreached arm
'I will come, love is my heart'
Neck hairs rise to her call.

His eyes raised, stands tall
perched high above, looking
Across the valley she stands,
distance reduced in the mist
that descended in the night,
the sun now cutting bathes
folded wings, drying skin.

'I will come, love is my heart'
echoes 'round the mountain,
enrapt in threads of love
their silken wings now dry,
'Come my love, to paradise'
he called back to her
climbing across to him.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment